Mouvement Ecololgique is a politically neutral NGO in the field of the environment and sustainable development in Luxembourg. We are active since 1968. Our main objectives are to develop future oriented sustainable ideas and to maintain the quality of life for everybody. We work on a wide range of sustainability topics including climate change, environmental protection, energy, transport etc.
Mouvement Ecololgique is active through awareness raising and information campaigns, public statements, workshops, conference and other events as well as a series of publications. Most of the work is carried out by our about 2 700 members active in various working groups and committees.
We work mainly in Luxembourgish or German and occasionally in French. However, we are open to explore new formats to be able to include people preferring English to Luxembourgish, German or French as communication language.
Mouvement Ecololgique position papers, e.g. in the run-up to elections or in the light of legislative projects, are an important pillar of the public debate in Luxembourg. Some of our position papers and other publications are also available in English:
- EU-elections 2019 Main topics from the Mouvement Ecologique
- National elections 2018
- Local elections 2017
- Turn your garden or balcony into a bees’ paradise
In 2018, Mouvement Ecologique celebrated its 50 years with a series of events and various publications. You’ll find all information on the German version of the website.
You can support our work in various ways:
- Visit us at our bistro “Oekosoph” on Wednesdays and Thursdays 17h00 to 23h00 at 6, rue Vauban in Luxembourg (Oekozenter Pafendall).
- Become active and support our work for a more sustainable future of Luxembourg. To explore possibilities to become active, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Become a member of by paying EUR 50 to CCP IBAN LU16 1111 0392 1729 0000 (EUR 75 for family membership, EUR 20 for unemployed and students). Please note that most of the membership information is provided in German language only.